Macau 2014; Explore the Taipa Island, Macau!

4:55 PM

I mentioned that I love Taipa more than Macau Peninsula in previous blogpost, and now here I blog about Taipa! Everyone must be wondering what am I talking about and why...

Actually Macau has 3 islands at first, named Macau Peninsula, Taipa Island and Coloane Island. Taipa was situated between Macau Peninsula and Coloane island, but is now joined with Coloane by the Cotai Strip which was reclaimed from the sea. It is still separated from Macau Peninsula by the Pearl River, but there are 3 bridges link between Taipa and the peninsula. Taipa used to be rural but it gone thru massive development recent year and now has been transformed into an alternative city to the peninsula.

Taipa 氹仔 (Tam Zai in Cantonese) is a lovely area to spend time. This historic village, anchored by the famous Rua do Cunha 官也街 (Gun Ya Kai in Cantonese), where plenty of traditional Portuguense and Macanese restaurants as well as bakeries and speciality food and snack shops can be found. There are also a couple nice museums in this area, notably the Taipa Houses Museum. A church, Our Lady of Carmel, is located just on top of the museums.With a lake in the front of the museums, this definitely is a scenic place to visit in Macau.

We hopped on public bus in front of our hotel to Rua do Cunha 官也街. We just walk all the way from the start of the road till the end. It is less crowded and less vehicles on streets compared to the hustle Macau Peninsula.



Taipa is really big, and we just explored the area around here.

Trees, shades, street lights, pathway. All seem so nice right?!

At random back alley. So clean!

Random shot. "A couple had a walk at the street in the morning."
All this only come out in movies right?! How could the scene can be so beautiful lol.

Three of us: Xiao Yen, Me, and WanTheng. #ootd

A quite reputed restaurant. Xiao Yen just can't stop taking photos lol haha!

Pass by the restaurant, Tai Lei Loi Kei.
KL also got this, but undeniable Macau one taste much better haha!

Pork Chop Bun! Friendly reminder: Their famous Pork Chop Bun only ready at 3pm everyday.

@ Rua do Cunha 官也街



Pass by this restaurant which they are famous for their crab porridge.
Wanted to try this badly but my travel partners were full. Next time I swear I must try it!


The famous dessert shop which are famous for their homemade pudding!

Take a seat in the park just beside the shop and have our pudding!

杨枝甘露 and 木糠布丁 - bestseller (not sure the name in english) taste very nice!
Especially the pudding...argh food in heaven! But very expensive sia lol.

As we walk further....argh, I love every corner of Taipa!

It definitely a good place to take photos! Deserves more than one shot lo...haha!



Pass by a church. Macau got so many churches lol.


Taipa Houses Museums.

Saw a married couple having bridal shoot here! The outcomes must be very decent!

The lake in front of Taipa Houses Museums. I think the other side is the Cotai Strip.

Pass by a post office, and we happened to write some postcards to ourselves and my uni-mates who are unable to travel here with us. Just for our self-record, and our own memories.


Our exploration in Taipa stopped here, and we continue the next half day at Venetian and City of Dreams (which I will blog about on next post hehe!). What I would say is that I have not finish explore Macau yet! Normally I heard people said that one day at Macau is enough for you to explore. Damn! My two nights stay at Macau is not also not enough! I think probably 4-5 day for me to explore most areas, and if want to fully explore I think might need a week time! It's a regret that we unable to explore the Coloane but someday I am sure I will back to this beautiful place again. It has become one of my favorite place from now on!

If you happened to be here, be sure to check out this beautiful place! Continue working on my next blogpost (I am so hardworking recently lol) and my HongKong video... Thanks for reading and love you all! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments