1885 @ E&O Hotel, Penang; Luxury English Afternoon Tea!

4:32 PM

I have been craving this few months already! I always mumbling my mummy and sister, please them to go high-tea with me...and finally now only we made it, and without my sister lol. Cause she's super busy with her work stuffs currently. *too bad* Two person high-tea ain't no fun! Trust me, more people the better lol.


Address: Eastern & Oriental Hotel. 10, Lebuh Farquhar, 10200 Penang.
Tel: 04-2222 000 (ext. 3170)         Afternoon Tea: 2-5pm (Daily)
Named for the year that the E&O Hotel was established, 1885 offers classical yet contemporary cuisine in an elegant environment in the finest traditions of colonial style dining. The selection of inventive fusion dishes from our accomplished chefs, accompanied by a superb selection of wines, marks 1885 as the perfect choice for an enjoyable dining experience. Traditional Afternoon Tea is also served in this elegant setting. Candlelit tables, starched linens, silver service, and attentive staff create a magical experience.
A very nice environment for an English Afternoon Tea! Better to make a reservation before you want to dine in, because it always full of people and there's will be no place if you didn't make any reservation. As for sure, people intend to sit more than one hour for high-tea despite because of the premium price you pay, girls always talk non-stop when high-tea session! Afternoon Tea is luxurious compared to Suffolk House, Macalister Mansion and Victoria Rossa (read my previous post about them). Tea set is charged by person, with price of RM56++ per person. That's why I called it luxury afternoon tea.

Finger Sandwiches
Various of sandwiches contain different filling included
smoked salmon, chicken breast and roasted beef.
 
Everything prepared is so tiny, elegant yet classy.
Definitely worth what you have paid, of course with excellent service.

Scones
Raisin and Plain Scones

Cake and Tea Pastries
Selection of cakes and tea pastries

Earl Grey (Highly Recommend)
An extravagantly blended tea with the intensive aroma of Japanese with cherries
Brewing time: 4 minutes

Raspberry Royal (Highly Recommend)
Refreshing experience with sun-ripened raspberry
Brewing time: 5 minutes

Super love this raspberry fruit tea! Taste a bit sweet and smell good! 1885 never used tea pack, they brew with original tea leaves, flowers and fruits! I wanted to try their Jasmine Gold at first, but after I have ask for some recommendation from the servant, I picked this one and I love it! You can ask for recommendation before you choose your tea, as 1885 served quite many variety of tea and almost very special and different from other restaurants. So called afternoon tea, I think your choice of tea is important in making this session perfect! *just my opinion haha!*

Super regret didn't call to make a reservation before coming.
So have seated the place with super-not-nice-background!
Can't even take a nice picture because of the sunlight! *tears*

*social-media-addict*

Cuteness overload!!! How am I gonna eat them?! Lol.

A proper one.

Lastly, my coordinate of the day!
Sheer black top: Kitschen
High-waist pants: Forever 21

Will sure come for the second time! Work harder and look forward to my next visit to 1885. *winks* Remember to call for a reservation! *please take note* And I think you can request to reserve a better view or seat too so you can take nice pictures!

Will off to holidays in the coming week! Too bad I have to neglect my blog again...hope I can update at least one post next week, do keep an eyes on me (my blog/imotiv/instagram) okay?! *blow kisses*
P/S: Happiness isn't getting all you want. It's enjoying all you have. :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank you for featuring our afternoon high tea.
    (https://suffolkhouse.com.my/afternoon-high-tea-penang)

    Feel warmly welcome anytime :)

    SUFFOLK HOUSE RESTAURANT
    250, Jalan Air Hitam Georgetown 10460 Pulau Pinang
    04-228 3930

    ReplyDelete