The Sire Museum Restaurant @ King Street, Penang

6:20 PM


It was a dinner date with bosses and colleagues. I wasn't around my workplace when they discussed where should we have our pleasure dinner, ended up they agreed to dine in The Sire. I was surprise I was invited too, and I always wanted to try this restaurant out as they have many good reviews. More over, I got chance to eat whatever I want without paying anything hahaha! It was weekdays, so after working hours we changed our clothes and get ready for our dinner. It was my first time have dinner in The Sire & the first dinner with them!

The Sire Museum Restaurant
Address: 4, Lebuh King, Georgetown, 10200 Penang.
Tel: 04-2645088             Business Hours: 11.30am-3pm & 6pm-10.30pm (Monday closed)
Located at King Street (just opposite Great Eastern), The Sire was the first ever museum restaurant in Penang. It is housed in the former home of Yeap Chor Ee, a prominent businessman and philanthropist. By displaying the collection of antiques, furnitures, ornaments, paintings that has been in the possession of the Yeap family for decades, and beautifully refurbished the building into a classy dining places, that's the museum restaurant concept came from. The Sire considerably put more attention on its interior decoration with wooden furnishes, blossoms of flowers, antiques & etc. High ceilings of  buildings give an airy spacious feeling, and all that makes a great ambiance. It is definitely an ideal venue for dinner!




My favorite shot of the day! Very great ambiance to dine in right?!

 The wall full with plants. Woah!

A private space between 1st & 2nd floor.

 Berry nice, so let me take a picture first haha!

2nd floor is VIP room. Reservation is available before you come.




 Menu.
The Sire served not much variety of foods. But, all decent in terms of quality.
Bread for appertizer. It taste so good with the salad dressing served along!

Premium Soft Drinks: S.Pellegrino (Italy) - Limonata
This is so my type of drinks! It tastes like lemonade but not too sour.

Soup: Cream of Forest Mushrooms
 Served with freshly grown Abalone Mushroom tempura.
The soup is full of mushrooms inside!!! And the abalone mushroom is so fresh and nice!

Meat & Poultry: Lamb Shank Stew
The meat is cooked until so soft, served with mashed potato. Yums!

Ocean's Catch: Baked Norwegian Salmon
Air-flown salmon from Norway, baked in Filo Pastry and grated Cheese.
It is a lil bit dry because it served without any dressing/sauce.
But I cant deny, the salmon is so fresh and thick! Super worth the price!

Premium Beef: Sirloin
Grilled grain-fed Australian Sirloin served with poached egg.
Order medium-well cook steak, you can taste how juicy and fresh it is!
If order well-done, it will be too chewy. Personally think this main course is super worth!
Can you see how thick it is?!

Dessert of the day: Sweet Tooth / 3 layers chocolate
Consists of dark choc at bottom, milk choc at center, and mixed choc on top.
It is like chocolate pudding. Not too sweet although its name is sweet tooth haha!

What Cheesecake: Dark chocolate cheesecake
Served along with Italian Gelato Ice-cream.
It was my first time eat chocolate cheesecake. I thought cheesecake only available
in white/yellow color lol. Anyway, this taste frigging good, especially together
with the Gelato! Heavenly!


Beautiful and classy ambiance, soothing music, delicious food and friendly staff..... It would be a great choice to have an enjoyable dinner with your beloved one! For me, it doesn't rated as "too pricey" cause I think overall its food quality, environment, and services are all worth every penny you spent. And I think the restaurant is continuously revising and upgrading their menu, and also improve their food servings time to time. Anyway, my first visit here doesn't disappointing me. I definitely would like to come here again next time! Why don't you try them out and tell me how you think?! Hehe...

Okay, that's all for today! How's your weekend guys?! I had a great weekend this week! Hope next whole week will be a great one too! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments