36th Kung Fu Night - Virtue Personified! 武德鼎

12:03 AM

Here's come the biggest event of the year organized by USM Kung Fu Club.
36th Kung Fu Night, Virtue Personified held on 30th March of 2013 in DTSP, USM!
What surprised me is the chinese name of the event, which named 武德鼎. Ordinary?! but "Extraordinary" when you speak in Cantonese....have you noticed?!
Its has been the third year I participate in drum performances. I would say I LOVE DRUM!
In here we don't compete with each other...all we do is only play the drum and rock the stage!
I think most of us like to watch drum performances even ourselves also love to record our performances video haha! Okay...back to topic!


First drum - Five Elements of War Drum by Juniors and Seniors.
Costume customized with a feeling traced back to ancient Dynasty time frame.

Red x White x Gold.


Spot me! Spot me!


Second drum - Yue Ming by Seniors.
Whole new customized drum set with specially customized costume to erect the feeling of modern 20th century time frame.
Highlight of the new drum set is it played with a base and a major sound. Probably you would hear double tonic when its playing. The evolution of the traditional drum, more modernize and different from culture.

double W formation.

Hit drums with hands. My first time!

I looks so skinny because of the costume I think.


Some behind the scene shots! Memories!

Rushing face-arts time! after first drum performances, keep sweating!

Thanks Zi Hong for the nice face arts!

The pose of Yue Ming!

Third year seniors just left few of us!

Thanks daddy mummy support! They support me 3 years already!



Lastly, I would say I really enjoy most time in drum team with all of the drummers.
There are so many societies and clubs in university but I insist to join Kung Fu and Drum Team.
Instead of using the time sitting in an aircon room high tea, I preferred to have activities outdoor.
And, who say petite cant play drum?! I am the one. :)
P/S: Step out of your comfort zone, you will find things that make life worthwhile and interesting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments