Travelogue: Time Capsule @ Sungai Lembing, Pahang

10:14 PM

When you saw your friend going to travel, and you want to go vacation so badly...but something hold you up. You keep on asking why your saving always not enough to travel oversea... well, when you saved enough money you don't have enough annual leave to take....

Travel doesn't mean need to be oversea. It can be travel locally. You can enjoy your holiday and saving money by spending locally. It is definitely a better deal for everyone, especially for young adult or fresh graduates who earn not much, like me. Besides, travel locally do not need much time, a weekend would be enough. There's some hidden gems where you can experience our own country, which is cultural richness and natural splendor. Open yourself to whatever little surprises your destination has to offer, and it guaranteed to spellbind and amaze you.


I always plan to go somewhere once every year. If oversea trip cost too much, then local would be nice too. Genting Highland, Pulau Pangkor, Ipoh.... anywhere you can name it, as long as I never been there, they are always on my to-go-place. I start seeing people going for retreat holidays or stay that is away from this hustle bustle city, and I came across this Time Capsule Retreat, amazed with the unique concept design - concrete pipes cylindrical room. Without think twice, I decided to go for it.

Well, I am so lucky to book the "Capsule" room, I heard that it was always full. They have 2 types of design for the Capsule room, but I opted for the second design which have a half glass panels and without the transparent glass door. All capsule room comes with a queen size bed, air-cond, a sky view hole, light and plug socket. As you can seen, the capsule are surrounded by nature (remember to bring mosquito repellent). The room are quite small, it fits just nice for two person without much space for other things. I mean, how many days you want to stay here right, so the space for me are alright. If you want spacious room, then you might need to think twice about staying at the retreat.

Capsule room do not have private bathroom, but shared bathroom. I would say that their bathroom is really hygienic. The owner's maids clean the bathroom everyday. And every bathroom equipped with water heater and body shampoo. I would rate bathroom 5 out of 5 stars if I could, haha! If you want to have own private bathroom, you have few choices too. They have different types of rooms for you to choose, and for those who need bigger room to accommodate more people.



We went there during non-peak season, and it was weekdays. Most of the shops are closed on weekdays. They open on weekends. The local here embrace a laid-back and easygoing lifestyle. So, we don't have much places to go and do not have much choices on food, but we still managed to get our tummy filled so don't worry. This whole trip is really relaxing I would say.

There are quite few choices of activities including ATV, Jungle Trekking, visit to waterfall nearby, mining museum and tunnels, hanging bridge and lots more. No, I do not plan any activities ahead. I just go wherever I want. We walked pass the hanging bridge since this is quite a famous spot of Sungai Lembing. And the next morning, we hiked up the Bukit Panaroma to see the sunrise and sea clouds on the Hill Top. That view is so amazing and breathtaking.





Woke up 5am in the morning, 1100 steps of staircase, 1200 feet high,
to witness this spectacular sea of clouds hovering across the horizons...
Tick-off one of my to do list!



Overall, it was a fun experience and I enjoyed my stay in this one-of-a-kind retreat. So now, you know where to go when your "Ang Mo" friends ask you. Are you a green lovers? Fed up of the busy life in city? You deserves a getaway! Visit their website >> Time Capsule Retreat for more info.

Do you encounter other local places worth going? Mind sharing? :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments